Monday, September 27, 2010

battleship

Who knew this awesome battleship is hidden in La Porte, just a quick 15 minute drive from Clear Lake?? I can't believe it took us over two years to go visit this place. We went with our friends, which made it even more enjoyable. I don't think I would have had the courage to try it on my own with the two kiddos since daddy was at work. The kids were able to climb all around and inside of the ship it was a very hands on experience:) Everything on the ship is set up the way it was when the ship was active, so you can get a feel of what it was really like for the people serving aboard. This ship was in both World Wars, Normandy in WWI, and Iwo Jima in WWII, very cool!

Check out this view!

Naptime Ryan, yeah right!!

There's Jaina...strapped to her stroller yet again!

Bombs away!

On our way there, Ryan kept asking if he was going to blast off in spaceship Texas, hahaha! What a guy :)







No comments: