Ryan has always been a very cautious person....I think this will serve him well as he grows up and throughout his life. It will certainly help me out, because I dont think I will have to worry about him doing CRAZY things!! But on the flip side it sometimes makes him hesitant to try new things....especially things that seem scary to him, like going under the water. He's never liked to have water in his face, and to top that off, about a year ago he fell into a friends pool. So we thought we would try out private swim lessons. Here he is before his first lesson, all smiles!
Getting a pep talk from his coach, she is awesome!
He started out putting his mouth in the water, then nose, then eyes.....doesn't he look so proud of himself!? I know we are!
Lesson #3, we discovered the miracle of goggles...it made a huge difference. Ryan could actually focus on the swimming techniques instead of wiping the water our of his eyes!
He was so excited to tell Daddy when he got home that he floated all by himself!!
We are so amazed at the progress he has made in 4 short lessons...he wants to do more, so we are starting back up in October :)








No comments:
Post a Comment