Monday, October 26, 2009

Camp Stratton!!

So we went on our first family camp out this month. Luckily all of the campsites in the state parks around here were booked, so we opted to try backyard camping. It was a good idea to have a trial run with the kiddos anyways!!! It was so much fun. We had tin foil dinners and hot apple cider that were delicious thanks to the handy work of our good friend Clarissa :) The kids ran around chasing each other for pretty much the whole night. We brought these really cool glow sticks that kept them amazed and happy, a definite must have for future camp outs!! We were able to have a real camp fire thanks to the fire bowl that we brought, so we roasted marshmallows and everything!! The kids had a blast playing ring around the rosey in the tent, I think that was probably their favorite part of the night, it cracked me up watching them laugh hysterically when "they all fall down"!! Ryan didn't want any part of sleeping in the tent by himself, so needless to say he got to stay up WAY past his bedtime, but he loved it, and we loved that he crashed as soon as his head hit the pillow!! I am so glad that we were in the backyard because halfway through the night I had to go inside the house and scavenge for more blankets, I was FREEZING....lots of blankets another must have!! Jaina surprised us too....she slept through the entire night!! Maybe we need to but her crib out on the patio....hmmmm, maybe not!! We woke up in the morning and ate breakfast, they had to have been the BEST eggs and bacon that I have ever had, thanks Rod and Angel :) All in all I would count our first camp out as a success...good times, good friends, can't wait to do it again!!


The kids eating their roasted hot dogs!


Jaina's first campout, she was a trooper :)


Enjoying the awesome tin foil dinner, and company :)

Daddy setting up the latern!

Our first family campfire :)

Ring around the rosey, tent edition!!

The dads made the best breakfast...way to go guys!!

Oh so cold, but oh so worth it!!!!







4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you have a blog! I'm going to add you to my reading list.

http://kimberlycharles.blogspot.com

The Stratton's said...

Man, your pictures turned out so awesome! We had so much fun with you guys! Can't wait to do it again in March!!

Baby J was such a gem!

~~Mama Sage said...

This is so awesome!! Make sure you add the link on facebook so I don't miss any more blogs, Christy! Coollllllll! Next time do s'mores and don't use regular hershey bars...use peanut butter cups. To die for!

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

I'm so glad you are blogging! I love it, so addicitve. Looks like a fun time camping out, you are so brave to do it with the two kiddos. Maybe we'll have to try if it ever drops below 90 here!