We were invited by our good friends the Thorns to go strawberry picking with them this past weekend. There's a cute little family owned farm not far from where we live. It was so much fun, Ryan was stoked!! It was sorta like an easter egg hunt, only with strawberries instead of eggs, and buckets in place of baskets!! So, when we got there we all got our own little buckets, given instructions on how to pick the strawberries, and went searching for the best pickens!! Ryan grabbed the first strawberry and smooshed it in his efforts to get if off of the vine!! his exact words, "Eeewwww, sticky" So from then on WE picked them, and handed the berries to Ryan to put in the bucket!! While Ryan was busy with daddy on their berry hunt, Jaina and I sat down in the middle of the strawberry rows to take some pics. While I was taking the perfect shots, Jaina was reaching for the berries all around her!! So, I guess to know where this is going....:) Then we took some family pics by a huge, beautiful oak tree. We got our berries weighed and paid for then made a quick stop in the store for more homemade goodies. I've never had fresh, right off the farm produce before...delish! We picked up some strawberry jam, and salsa too....both look and smell good, haven't had a chance to taste them yet though. Then it was time for lunch. Angel and I LOVE LOVE LOVE BBQ, and haven't found a really good place here yet. Luckily our friends took us to undiscovered country, I think it will be worth the drive to go back again, it was muy delicioso. It was a great day, this may have to be added to our list of family traditions!!





No comments:
Post a Comment