Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ryans SUPER birthday party











After much planning, prep, and anticipation Ryan's big day finally arrived!!

The party has been in the works for a few months now, ever since he said that he wanted a superhero theme...Angel jumped for joy and we ran with it.


Here are the invites, I made the envelopes out of comic book pages, Angel agreed it was a worthy sacrifice!! :)





A picture of what the scene looked like the night before the party. The 4 bags behind the cupcakes are the favor bags for Ryan's amigos.





It's not really a party without the missionaries right!?





The cardboard box supercity!




This year Ryan even helped to make his cake!! Which is why he probably thought the next morning that he was allowed the eat them. After decorating them and early morning Angel was firing up the grill and I were busy getting some other things ready, when I came back....two of the cupcakes were missing. I caught up with Ryan not long after that....and boy did he have a guilty look on his face. Two cupcakes down!! I was hoping that he ate the cupcakes and spared the fondant toppers, but no such luck!! So this pic is missing the iron man and captain america topper. On the up side, he said they were good!







This was a totally cute pics, Ryan's friends sat right beside him all on their own for the happy birthday song.




The bouncy house arrived before the guests did...which was good because it took a little while for the Ryan and Jaina to warm up to the huge, angry hulk on the outside!! After the other kids jumped in though, it was impossible to get Ryan out....I don't even think he ate lunch!!




When we were able to get the kids inside we had them decorate their capes to take home. Thanks so much to Alicia for helping me with this project!! It was really cool to see their individuality come out when they were personalizing the capes! Not one looked the same. Jaina had her own cape too, but she insisted on helping one of the other kids with theirs!!



Angel worked so long and so hard on these signs, they came out so amazing!! What a cool way to welcome the guests to the party!!


I saw these marshmallow pops on another blog and had to make them....so pretty and so yummy, pure sugar!!! The tin is full of yellow, blue, and red M&M's. Ryan sifted through 2 large bags to pull these out!! This is what was left over that didn't make it into his tummy. A snack and a math lesson on sorting all in one!




Everyone loved the boys shirts, thanks Grandma, super cool!




It was A LOT of work, but it was all worth it to see the joy on Ryan's face when it was all pulled together. Happy Birthday to out favorite super boy, we love you!!

















































1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm so sad we missed this! You did an amazing job!