Grandma Sandy came to stay with us while Daddy was off at boy scout camp with the church for the weekend. I've been waiting for almost two years to go and check this place out, the Bayou Wildlife Park in Alvin, TX. The weather has finally gotten cooler around here, so I seized the opportunity, we packed up the car, and drove! We paid at the booth and got our bucket of food and proceeded to drive. I wasn't expecting to be bombarded by wildlife trying to get to the parking lot....some really big animal caught me by surprise and a let out a scream, probably not the best thing when trying to convince a 3 year old that this is going to be fun! The best part of the park is the tram ride through the 86 acre habitat. It was about 45 minutes long, and we were able to see and feed a lot of animals. Ryan was tossing out one pellet at a time, I guess he was trying to make it last! When we got off the ride we took the kids to the petting zoo. Grandma braved it with Ryan, while Jaina and I watched safely on the other side of the fence. The short time they were in there, a goat tried to eat Ryan's shirt and climb Grandma! There were giraffes right next to the petting zoo, it was really cool to be so close to the animals.
Our last stop was the pony rides....we got all the way to the front and Ryan decided he didn't want any part of it! Oh well, so we started walking back to the car....then he had a change of heart! Luckily the line wasn't too long, so we gave it another try. This time he was ready! I'm glad he decided to do it, he had so much fun :) We all did!!
As we were driving into the park!
There is NO zoom on this pic at all
Ryan wasn't too sure about this camel!
Classic face! Ryan's reaction to an approaching ostrich
Jaina wasn't the least bit anxious about these huge animals!
Ryan feeding a little goat, these guys are more his size ;)
"I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor"
Isn't he the cutest cowboy you've ever seen??










1 comment:
Looks like fun! I like how the animals have a lot or room to roam. not like the zoo!
Post a Comment